User talk:Edward Tohr
Ed, the code for specifying country is "|country=", not "nation=". —Celtic Minstrel 16:54, 22 October 2008 (UTC)
- "Removed description parameter, so as to remove the annoying text." — Do you think that was a bad move on my part? —Celtic Minstrel 03:59, 29 October 2008 (UTC)
- Well, I, for one, wasn't too thrilled to see giant, bold, red text on my profile simply for using a parameter that's always been there... Would things still display correctly if you just took the whole description parameter out of the template, or would that preface all descriptions with "|description= "? Ed 12:06, 29 October 2008 (UTC)
- If the description parameter was removed altogether, than the descriptions would not be displayed at all. I thought that wasn't a good idea. —Celtic Minstrel 15:53, 29 October 2008 (UTC)
- Righto. Still, though, I don't see a problem with the parameter the way it was... but that debate wouldn't belong on this page. - Ed 17:27, 29 October 2008 (UTC)
Edward, when you are requesting a page deleted could you please not create the talk page solely for that purpose? Because then I have to delete the talk page as well as the original page.
A better place to request deletions is Project:Requests for Deletion here (yes, I know it doesn't exist yet). Not only does that remove the necessity of me deleting two pages instead of one, but it also puts all deletion requests in a central location.
In this particular case I'm glad to get rid of the first version of the image, because it had a non-descriptive name. But generally if you're uploading a new version of an image you can go to the image's page and click on "Upload a new version" near the bottom.
Thanks! —Celtic Minstrel 19:47, 27 October 2008 (UTC)
- Will use the Requests for Deletion for future deletion requests, but the "upload a new version" requires the same filename. If a different name is specified, it makes a new image. Ed 14:05, 29 October 2008 (UTC)
- I know – re-uploading, then requesting deletion, is fine when you want to move the image to a new name. —Celtic Minstrel 15:52, 29 October 2008 (UTC)
What is the difference between Image:Moxz0rzsLogo.png and Image:Moxz0rzsLogo2.jpg? I would like to delete one of them, and it seems that the only difference is the file format. —Celtic Minstrel 20:09, 27 October 2008 (UTC)
- The jpeg is smaller. I felt that a smaller filesize would work better. Feel free to delete the PNG.
When you want to replace one picture with another, like you just did with Eduarda, you can go to the image page and click "Upload new version". Is there any reason you didn't do that in this case? —Celtic Minstrel 01:50, 19 January 2009 (UTC)
Your character page is huge
You may want to consider splitting Edward Tohr's page into a number of subpages. It's not really necessary to keep everything on a single page. Just a suggestion. —Celtic Minstrel 18:52, 19 April 2009 (UTC)
Hmm... while there is a certain amount of pride involved, having, by far, the largest page on the wiki, pride goeth before a fall. Or something. I'll figure out how I'm gonna split it.
... then again, we're Boardies, so maybe this should be decided by a poll? *preemptively votes for the Archbishop* - Ed 14:56, 20 April 2009 (UTC)
- Well, instead of having pride in the largest page, you can have pride in the most pages! —Celtic Minstrel 21:01, 24 April 2009 (UTC)