- Player: Edward_Tohr
- Name: Edward Tohr.
- Species or Race: Magically-enhanced human.
- Gender: Male.
- Age: Effectively ageless due to magical enhancement. Chronologically, was born 27 years ago.
- Height: 5'10 (1.7 meters)
- Weight: 170-ish (78.5 kilograms)
- Hair color: Black.
- Eye color: Hazel.
- Occupation: M-Div.
- Alignment: Neutral Good.
- Characteristic quote: "I won't kill you. I'll sure as hell hurt you, but you won't die."
- Strengths: Powerful lightning magic, absorbs electricity, ninja-like acrobatics and speed, can augment his reflexes and speed to superhuman levels, cannot die of old age, trained martial artist.
- Weaknesses: Anti-magic effects rob him of magical benefits. Lightly armed/armored. Use of powers drains life force.
- Special Powers and Skills: Ability to control electricity, and use a great variety of magical effects.
- Weaponry: Has been trained to use a variety of weapons.
- Equipment: A black, magical cape, given to him by Euphrosyne.
- Likes: Computers, technology, video games, spicy food, sparring, well-shielded, very conductive wires, and his new family.
- Dislikes: Killing, anti-magic fields, and strong electrical resistors.
- Text Color: Chartreuse Green, 7FBB00.
Ed is generally friendly, though a good deal more aloof than he used to be. One thing that has remained constant, though, is his fierce loyalty to his friends and family.
Ed usually begins combat by sizing up his opponent, trying to determine strengths and weaknesses. Once the fight proper begins, Ed tends to fight more defensively, parrying and dodging attacks until he has an opportunity for a sure strike.
Whenever possible, Ed will not kill his opponent, instead incapacitating or capturing them.
Notes About his Powers:
Ed possesses the ability to manipulate electromagnetic energy. This ability takes on a wide variety of forms, from simple lightning blast attacks, to flight, to transforming into a bolt of electricity in order to teleport.
Ed uses a seven-layer seal to keep his powers under control. This also has the benefit of reducing any magical or electromagnetic signals he gives off.
With all seven seals engaged, Ed's power use is limited to just what he can draw from his environment. With each additional seal, his personal power reserves, as well as his energy use, increase, allowing him to launch more powerful (and simultaneous) attacks, but reducing the amount of time he is able to continue functioning.
For one or two seals, his energy use only exceeds his normal regeneration rate during periods of heavy activity, such as actively being engaged in combat.
With the release of the third seal, this occurs when he is merely in a stressful situation.
After releasing four or more seals, Ed's power use overwhelms his regeneration rate even at rest; as such, he can only maintain this state for prolonged periods in areas with higher than normal levels of electromagnetic radiation.
After releasing the sixth seal, Ed's physical body is at the limit of how much energy it can contain. His energy use in this state is so great that, within a few minutes, he must either re-seal his powers and recover, or undo the seventh seal.
The seventh seal is different from the rest. Instead of increasing the amount of energy available to him, this seal holds together Ed's physical body. When this seal is released, Ed converts his entire body into energy, and assumes his elemental form. Although he can maintain this form for longer than he can have six seals released, it comes at the price of being unable to change back. Eventually, his energy will drain away, resulting in Ed's death.
Magic and Physics:
Due to the nature of Ed's powers, they do tend to obey the laws of physics. However, due to the scope of what he is able to do, he can often circumvent them if necessary.
After a long training session with Ari Driscoll, Ed seems to be an entirely new person.