Appearance: See below
Species: Bloodriser/False Human
Age: 21 (Supposedly)
Weight: 180 lbs without armor, 250 with it
Hair color: light brown/dirty blond
Eye color: light brown / red when transformed
Occupation: dragon-slayer/adventurer for hire
Characteristic quote: "Persistent? You've yet to deliver a serious injury to me. Run me through and cut off a few limbs, then we'll talk persistent."
Strength: about three times the strength of an average human
Effective Range (sword): 2 meters, 24 cm; 7 ft, 4 in
Effective Range (arm): 64 cm / 2 ft, 1 in
Effective Range (leg): 91 cm / 3 feet
Weaknesses: Blood loss; (Extremely) Loud noises; Dying; Cannot swim while wearing his armor;
Senses: Hyp3rB14d3 has the same senses as a human, with two notable exceptions:
- His hearing is slightly better than the average human's hearing is.
- Hyp3rB14d3's proprioception extends to his blood, even when it has left his body.
Special Powers and Skills:
- Skilled swordsman;
- knows multiple martial arts, including Taekwondo, Aikido, and Kendo
- Immunity to most transformation spells (Hyp3rB14d3 cannot be forcibly changed into anything too far from the human form, a side-effect of being a false human)
- Regeneration (slow)
- Hyp3rB14d3's regenerative abilities are thanks to a magical crystal he has stored within his chest between his heart and lungs. This crystal also binds him to a human-like form, making him immune to most transformations, but not gender-switches or transformations into other humans or humanoid creatures. Originally, he just carried this crystal with him, but he has had it surgically implanted since the events of "The Sword's Call," the quest thread in which the aforementioned crystal made its first appearance. Something bad will happen if this crystal is destroyed or transported far enough away from him and he somehow survives the process.
- Manipulation of blood and other bodily fluids*
- Enhanced Strength (5 to 7 times the strength of a normal human, varies*)
- Dulled sense of pain
- Controlled Generation/Destruction of Limbs (a.k.a. extremely low-grade shape-shifting) (slow);
- Although Hyp3rB14d3 is capable of limited shape-shifting, as a false human, he is incapable of abandoning the human form. At best, he can grow a few limbs unnatural to the human form (his wings are an example of this).
- Hyp3rB14d3's transformed strength and ability to manipulate blood are both pain and blood-based, and thus increase in power and control as Hyp3rB14d3 is subjected to greater amounts of pain, but weaken with blood loss.
- His sword (dubbed by some as the Hyperblade, approx. 2 meters in length from the end of the hilt to the tip,
- 160 cm of which is blade, weighs about 11.3 kg, although, due to some of the weight coming from liquid components
- that are gradually used up, this varies, hilt is 33 cm long)
- 5 trigger weapons contained within aforementioned sword:
- 1st Trigger: blinding flash emitted from the blade;
- 2nd Trigger: flames are emitted from the blade;
- 3rd Trigger: three poisons are released from the blade simultaneously:arsenic,potassium chloride,pancuronium bromide;
- 3rd Trigger Alternative: Occasionally, Hyp3rB14d3 will remove the poisons from the blade and replace them with gasoline.
- 4th Trigger: nearby gases, liquids, flames, and anything small enough to fit into the intake valve is sucked into the blade;
- 4th Trigger (full Chamber): Sprays everything that was sucked into the chamber back out;
- 5th Trigger: high-frequency vibration blade;
- Note: The edge of the blade of Hyp3rB14d3's sword is coated with artificial diamond. This is necessary for it to withstand chipping due to the strain put on it by the 5th Trigger.
- Note 2: The edge of Hyp3rB14d3's sword was recently further coated with Anti-Magic.
- As of late, Hyp3rB14d3 has also begun occasionally carrying throwing knives, grenades, and smoke/gas bombs on him. He also makes use of kunai, some of which are coated with batrachotoxins. Sometimes he brings other weapons as well, such as flash bombs, sonic bombs, or anti-magic daggers.
Alternate Weaponry: Hyp3rB14d3 will occasionally use two different swords instead of his usual one. The longer of the two swords is named Impudence, and the shorter one is named Viral. He has yet to wield both at the same time, preferring to use either one or the other, but has abruptly switched from one to the other mid-fight.
- Impudence is approximately 2 meters long (170 cm of which is blade), is double-edged, and weighs about 11.3 kg. It has five triggers extending from the inside of the hand guard. It's handle is covered with rubber, and the blade is made of steel with synthetic diamond edges and an anti-magic coating. A copper streak runs up the center of the blade.
- 1st Trigger: electrifies the blade with about twice the electrical output of a taser.
- 2nd Trigger: pulling it once ignites the blade in flames. Pulling it a second time extinguishes them. Holding it down causes flaming liquid to spray out the tip of the sword.
- 3rd Trigger: causes a stream of gasoline to spray from the tip of the sword.
- 4th Trigger: activates a weak force field around the wielder of the sword. While strong enough to withstand normal bullets and redirect flames, it is incapable of stopping armor piercing rounds or heavy objects moving at high speed (for example, someone running into it)
- 5th Trigger: causes the edge of the blade of the sword to vibrate at a high speed, effectively converting it into a vibroweapon.
- Viral is approximately one meter long, with about 25 cm of it devoted to the hilt. It is blue and white, covered in scales, has four eyes, is alive, and is one of the Venom Series from Hyp3rB14d3's store. Its blade consists of sharp, jagged teeth, and anything cut by it is injected with paralysis inducing neurotoxins. A fang on the back of the hilt injects anything stabbed with it with the antidote to the neurotoxins.
- helmet made from a dragon's head;
- dragonscale cuisses;
- dragonscale rerebraces;
- steel chestplate with a dragon carapace cover;
- steel spaulders;
- steel gauntlets;
- Right gauntlet has a covering made of segments of some sort of shell;
- Left gauntlet has a partial dragonscale covering;
- wyvern toe sabatons that extend up onto his schynbalds;
- what appears to be steel underwear;
- (more recently) his POST;
- Since his fight with Edward Tohr in the warthread "On the Lake", Hyp3rB14d3 has added a layer of insulation to his armor.
Likes: his sword, playing with fire, kittens
Dislikes: Barbers, Plushies, Dying, being manipulated, losing his sword
Religion: Doesn't care about the origin of the universe or the afterlife. No real religion, although Hyp3rB14d3 does mimic a few of the religious speech patterns of some of the other Boardies.
Background: One day, Hyp3rB14d3 suddenly showed up from out of nowhere and joined the Board. There are no records of him prior to this, and Hyp3rB14d3 has yet to tell anyone of his past before joining the Board, aside from once mentioning that he'd been attacked by a dragon at some point in time. Has issues with the Draconian Council and a rivalry with Antidragon and RamDragon. He already had his armor and sword prior to joining the board (there are no records of either of them being forged; their maker is unknown), but has apparently been slowly replacing parts of his armor over time, although his helmet and the guantlet on his right arm have yet to be replaced. He also apparently maintains his own weapons, having never sought out someone to repair any damages, although he does occasionally rent out facilities and equipment to modify them. It is unclear whether "Hyp3rB14d3" is actually his name or just an alias, or even whether or not he is actually from the same universe as the Board. It should be noted that RESPAWN is set to replace his crystal during the revival process.
Shortly after joining the board, the Draconian Council stole his sword and enchanted it. Upon retrieving his sword, the enchantment forced him to go on a quest to slay a demonically enhanced dragon that dwelled within a cave in the Alps. Joined on his quest by Kum-El, Dunedan, Antidragon, Aqua, Technetus, and HK, the quest was eventually successful, and the demonically enhanced dragon was slain, beheaded, and had its brain removed. However, by this time, Antidragon, Aqua, and HK had all died and been picked up by RESPAWN, and all the surviving members had received severe injuries. Shortly after slaying the demon-dragon, the remaining members of the group stumbled upon a strange woman, who removed a magical spear that had been fused into Kum-El and healed a nearly dead Dunedan. She then offered to lead them out of the cave, but disappeared near the entrance. After demonic activity in the area resumed, it was determined that she, not the dragon, was the demon that had been infecting the area. Since the incident, Hyp3rB14d3 has been more careful about choosing which dragons to attack (although he still goes after them when he can), but has shown a strange interest in both demons and angels.
Some time after the incident with the Draconic Council, Hyp3rB14d3 somehow managed to accidentally stumble into the Warthread "Dry Heat." It was at that time that he met Ace, who had similarly stumbled into it (albeit from an alternate universe). Confused by the apparent meaningless violence from everyone, the duo fumbled around and tried not to die. This confusion lasted on Hyp3rB14d3's part only until he died once and was revived, at which point he recognized the Warthread for what it was and set out to enjoy himself.
During the Warthread, a dragon-god by the name of Dagmutt appeared. Insanely fast and unbelievably powerful, it quickly overwhelmed all of the participants of the Warthread, which resulted in nearly everyone there ganging up on it, Hyp3rB14d3 included. After several confrontations that ended in his death, Hyp3rB14d3 managed to nearly sever the hand of the dragon-god. Unbeknownst to Hyp3rB14d3, Dagmutt was actually possessing the body of another Boardie named Ramdragon, and this wound would remain even after he had been returned to normal.
Later, in one of the rare occasions that he traveled without his armor or weapons, Hyp3rB14d3 returned to the desert he'd been exploring when he'd been pulled into the Warthread "Dry Heat." There, he stumbled across Bankan, who was examining an anomaly in space-time. Hyp3rB14d3, in a moment of stupidity, proceeded to stick his finger into the anomaly, and was subsequently transported to a military base in the universe Ace was from, ten years after Ace had disappeared.
Within moments of his arrival, Hyp3rB14d3 was captured and taken to a cell. There, he met Hazen, Ace's son (although Hyp3rB14d3 didn't realize it at the time). Most of the prisoners there were cyborgs, kept in their cells only by the electrical current running through the bars of them. Seeing a chance to escape, Hyp3rB14d3 cut the wires that had been sending electrical current through the bars, freeing the cyborgs and himself. One cyborg, however, had gone insane from his time in the cell and malfunctioning parts, and proceeded to attack the freed prisoners. Hyp3rB14d3 slew him, but the sound of the fight attracted guards.
After a short fight, during which Hyp3rB14d3 managed to steal a pistol but got separated from the cyborgs (except for Hazen, who stayed behind), Hyp3rB14d3 manages to escape the guards. Fleeing down the halls, Hyp3rB14d3 eventually stopped to ambush the pursuing guards. Successfully taking them by surprise, Hyp3rB14d3 gained the upper hand, causing one of them to resort to using grenades. However, Hyp3rB14d3 caught it and threw it back, setting off the grenades the other guards had and destroying the wall. Finding himself face to face with a mech, Hyp3rB14d3 fled.
During his flight from the mech, Hyp3rB14d3 got separated from Hazen. He did, however, locate the gun he had been using, as well as a trail of strange fluids, which were presumably leaking from Hazen's damaged arm. Afterward, Hyp3rB14d3 wandered around, looking for a way out, until he ran into Roadkiller, whom he mistook for a guard and tried to ambush. However, the sound of the scuffle drew more guards, and RK went on the attack.
While RK took on the guards head on, Hyp3rB14d3 managed to escape. However, as he fled from the attacking group, an AI from the Board (which, in conjunction with [CLASSIFIED], had been launching an attack on the military base) recognized him and told him of the portal. Upon spotting it, Hyp3rB14d3 made a break for it and successfully escaped the alternate universe.
Upon arriving back in his home universe, Hyp3rB14d3 found out that the universe he had been transported to was planning an invasion of the Board's. Deciding to join the fight after retrieving his equipment and weapons, Hyp3rB14d3 hitched a ride to his hometown on a Board medical transport. However, due to repeated communication and transportation issues, Hyp3rB14d3 never actually made it back to the fight.
Later, in "On the Lake," another Warthread, Hyp3rB14d3 encountered a mage specializing in electrical attacks named Edward Tohr. During the subsequent fight, Hyp3rB14d3 discovered his lack of a proper defense against this type of attack. That particular fight eventually ended with his loss, but Hyp3rB14d3 would learn from it. Shortly after the warthread, Hyp3rB14d3 added a layer of insulators to his armor to defend against electrical attacks.
For a long time, Hyp3rB14d3 did not use his POST, apparently because he didn't know how to. However, this changed some time ago. Although it is unclear exactly when, it appears that Edward Tohr taught him how to use it. Sometime since then, he has begun compiling a list of Boardie weaknesses in a file titled Boardie Weaknesses - FOR WARTHREAD EXPLOITATION ONLY. At the moment, it's a very short list.
Another development worth noting was the arrival of a Hyp3rB14d3 from a parallel universe in Moxz0rs. Immediately after the second Hyp3rB14d3 arrived, the two began fighting. One was transgendered and proceeded to kill the other one. Who was revived by RESPAWN. The TGed Hyp3rB14d3 stole the other Hyp3rB14d3's corpse and replaced several of her body parts with ones salvaged from the corpse. This, combined with self-injury to get her crystal to regenerate himself, allowed him to return to his original gender. Since then, the two Hyp3rB14d3s have fought and killed each other several times. However, the second Hyp3rB14d3 seems to have disappeared...
At one point, Hyp3rB14d3 opened a weapon shop called the "Blazing Sword Weapons Shop" in a different dimension most commonly known as "The Crossroads." Unfortunately, due to bad business, he was forced to close it, and more recently opened up a new "Blazing Sword Weapon Shop" in this dimension.
Personality: Tends to get too caught up in the moment, especially when angry, but generally goes about things in a fairly rational manner. Places his own safety first, but also enjoys fighting enemies stronger than himself. Because of this, he tends to take interest in situations involving dragons, powerful demons, and large monsters. Not above cheap shots or fighting dirty, especially against opponents he feels are stronger than himself. When he suspects that knowledge he has may give him an edge as long as others don't know that he knows it, he tends to obfuscate stupidity.