- Player: Kum-El
- Name: Michael James (Mike) Kent
- Species or Race: Meta-Human
- Gender: Male
- Age: 25
- Birthdate: August 8th, 1983
- Height: 5' 10"
- Weight: 175 lbs
- Hair color: Unruly short black hair, one lock of which always falls down onto his forehead in a Superman-esque curl
- Eye color: Green eyes with a seemingly permanent mischievous gleam in them
- Typical Clothing: Prefers jeans and t-shirts but dresses in slacks and a button-up shirt for work; Typically wears a pewter medallion with a celtic knot on it
- Appearance: Skinny but muscular (though just how muscular is often hidden by his clothes), with a build closer to, say, Bruce Lee than to Arnold Swartzanegger, along with a slight half smile that gives him the look of always enjoying some joke that nobody else is in on; Often seen with a camera around his neck in his free time
- Occupation: Photo-journalist, no Board affiliation as of yet
- Alignment: Chaotic Good
- Characteristic quote: "Bloody soulmates..."
- Strengths: Superspeed; experienced Superhero; 'You'd be surprised what you can live through'
- Weaknesses: Occasionally suffers from Attention Deficit...Ooh, shiny!; Cannot deliberately kill
- Special Powers and Skills: Superspeed, X-ray Vision, Romance Sense
- Mike’s third ability is, essentially, a very limited form of empathy focused on detecting how others feel about each other romantically, with different levels of emotion manifesting as different sensations in his mind. A mild crush would barely register as a very light tingling, while full blown love creates a warm fuzzy feeling and unrequited love often results in a mild to severe headache. Proximity and the level of intimacy of the couple in question are also factors. Fortunately for Mike’s ability to cope with everyday life he can usually ‘tune out’ these signals to a degree once visual contact with the couple has been made. Though if he’s only seen one of the people he’ll often be slightly distracted, since he can’t ‘tune out’ without seeing the other person and completing the signal he’s receiving.
- Interestingly, he’s completely unable to apply it to himself.
- In addition to his powers Mike is adept at picking both locks and pockets, and can read lips.
- Mike Kent-Always ready to listen, always upbeat, always seemingly in on some joke nobody else is, and, with a metabolism that goes at superspeed, always up for a bite to eat. Even more active than his brothers, he never seems to move slower than a fast walk, and frequently just runs where ever he’s going. Typically laid back…and also one of the most down to earth people you’ll ever meet if the situation calls for it, turning from a fun loving young man to a serious one willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Born Mike O’Connors and left with his older brother Jason in an orphanage at the age of two, Mike was adopted by the Kent family when he was four. Both Mike and Jason, who had already been adopted by another family earlier, have superspeed and x-ray vision. (Theoretically Jason should have a third ability too, but if he does Mike doesn’t know what it is, as it hadn‘t manifested before they were separated.) The abilities are inborn, stemming from the time of Richard the Lion Heart when Mike’s ancestor helped out a mage. In gratitude the man gifted the ancestor and his descendents with three abilities, speed, x-ray vision and a third ability that would turn out to differ with each individual. He also included a failsafe in the magic used to make this happen. Should it seem that a person born to the O’Connors line would grow up to abuse the powers another would be born to counteract it within the year…and Mike and his older brother are just less than a year apart in age.
- In less potentially ominous news Mike had a fairly normal early childhood (by Kent standards), even with having his superspeed almost from birth. Things didn’t start to get interesting (by his definition of the word anyway) until his third ability kicked in sometime during fourth grade. The first thing he needed to do was obvious, learn to do his best to shut it off when he needed to. The second took him quite a bit longer to realize. He needed to stop telling people exactly what he knew regarding their feelings and that of the person they were interested in. Or at least not do it so tactlessly. He still hasn’t fully worked out how to do the first, though he can somewhat tune things out, but he’s just about mastered the second. He still gives advice, but he’s much more tactful and less pushy about it now.
- Technically speaking Mike is not yet officially a Boardie, though he's now in RESPAWN. He is, however, apparently in a semi-permanent state of visiting his brother on the Funky Horror and participated in the battle to reclaim Mohab. So far he seems to be fitting in well. In fact, he had Moxie cater his wedding reception.
- Jonathan and Martha Kent (adoptive parents)
- Clark Kent/Kal-El (adoptive older brother)
- E.C. Kent (adoptive older brother)
- Randal Kent/Cul-El (adoptive younger brother)
- Isobel "Izzy" (wife)
- Lori Kent (sister-in-law)
- Lois Lane (sister-in-law)
- Kara Zor-El (cousin)
- Conner/Kon-El ('cousin', deceased)
- Chris Kent/Val-El (nephew)
- Jordan Kent (adoptive nephew)
- Matt Kent (son)